If you are thinking of getting artificial grass installation in Melbourne, there are a few things you should know first. Here is a quick guide to help you make an informed decision about whether artificial grass is right for you. As Melbourne’s weather gets hotter and dryer, more and more people are turning to artificial grass to green up their yards. If you are considering getting artificial grass installed, there are a few things you should know first. Here is a quick guide to help you make an informed decision about whether artificial grass is right for you.
What is artificial grass?
Artificial grass, also known as synthetic turf, is a surface made from synthetic fibers that look like natural grass. It is often used in sports stadiums and arenas, on golf courses, and in residential lawns.
Artificial grass is usually made from polyethylene or polypropylene, which are types of plastic. The fibers are tufted into a backing material, which is then glued or stitched to the ground. The backing material helps to support the blades of turf and protect them from damage.
Synthetic turf can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
– Sports fields: Artificial turf is commonly used on sports fields, such as football and soccer fields. It can also be used on baseball diamonds and running tracks.
– Lawns: Many homeowners use artificial grass to create a low-maintenance lawn. Artificial turf requires far less water than natural grass, and it doesn’t need to be mowed or fertilized.
– Playgrounds: Artificial turf is a popular choice for playgrounds because it provides a soft surface for kids to play on. It’s also durable and easy to clean.
The benefits of artificial grass
There are many benefits of artificial grass, including the fact that it is low maintenance and does not require watering, mowing or fertilising. It is also durable and long-lasting, making it a great investment for your home. Artificial grass is also safe for children and pets, and can be used in any climate.
The process of artificial grass installation in Melbourne
When it comes to installing artificial grass, there are a few things you need to know in order to get the best results. Here are some tips for artificial grass installation Melbourne:
1. The first thing you need to do is remove any existing turf from your property. This can be done by either hand or with the help of a machine.
2. Once the old turf has been removed, you will need to level out the area where the artificial grass is going to be installed. This can be done with a shovel or by using a laser leveler.
3. Next, you will need to install a sub-base material such as crushed rock or sand. This will help to drainage and prevent the growth of weeds.
4. After the sub-base has been installed, you can then lay down the artificial grass rolls. Make sure that the rolls are laid in the same direction and that they are secure before trimming them to size.
5. Finally, you will need to install an infill material such as sand or rubber crumb into the artificial grass. This will help to protect the grass and keep it looking fresh and green all year round!
How to care for artificial grass
The first thing you need to do is remove any existing grass and weeds from the area where you will be installing your artificial grass. It is also important to level out the area so that your grass will have a nice, even surface to lay on.
Next, you need to install a weed barrier around the perimeter of the area where your grass will be installed. This will help keep weeds and other unwanted plants from growing up through your artificial grass.
Once the weed barrier is in place, you can begin installing your artificial grass. It is important to start at one end and work your way towards the other so that you don’t have any gaps in your grass.
To secure the edges of your artificial grass, you can use landscape staples or heavy-duty tape. Once the edges are secure, you can trim the grass to fit the area where it will be installed.
Now that your artificial grass is installed, it’s time to care for it! You should brush it regularly to help keep it looking its best. You may also want to hose it down occasionally to remove any dirt or debris that may have accumulated on top of it.
Artificial grass installation in Melbourne can be a great way to improve your home’s curb appeal. There are a few things to keep in mind when you’re planning your installation, but with the help of a professional, it can be a quick and easy process. Keep these tips in mind and you’ll be sure to have a beautiful new lawn in no time!